Benjamin Franklin Charter School offers enriching free half-day and full-day Kindergarten program options. We believe that children are very capable and are ready to be challenged. In our program, students are taught Kindergarten level curriculum during the first semester of the school year where students are reading after a few months. Students are taught 1st grade level curriculum during the second semester of their Kindergarten school year and are prepared to learn 2nd grade level curriculum in their 1st grade school year.
- Free half-day and full-day Kindergarten program options
- All school supplies provided for your child at no cost
- Strong focus on civics and virtues
- Well-rounded program, including phonics, spelling, reading, math and science
- Daily reading, small groups, individual attention and thematic units
- Recess three times per day
- Art every Friday afternoon
- P.E./Music twice per week
- Additional events including: Christmas concert, class parties and field trips
- Clubs, sports, and camps
- Certified teachers, including Spalding certification
- Direct instruction method and sequential teaching
- Instructional Assistant in every Kindergarten classroom, and parent volunteers are always welcome!