Benjamin Franklin Charter School offers enriching half-day and full-day kindergarten programs. We believe that children are very capable and are ready to be challenged. In our program, students are taught kindergarten level curriculum during the first semester of the school year where students are reading after a few months. Students are taught 1st grade level curriculum during the second semester of their kindergarten school year and are prepared to learn 2nd grade level curriculum in their 1st grade school year.
- Offer free full-day and half-day Kindergarten program options.
- Well-rounded program, including phonics, spelling, reading, math and science
- Daily reading, small groups, individual attention and thematic units
- Specials, including art, music, recess and physical education
- Additional events including: Christmas concert, class parties and field trips
- Optional clubs and camps
- Certified teachers, including Spalding certification
- Direct instruction method and sequential teaching
- Classroom teacher aides and parent volunteers